These Apple Fritter Muffins are topped with a sweet glaze.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Total Time 33 minutes
Servings 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond or soy milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 6 ounces plain, fat-free yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup finely diced, peeled Granny Smith apple
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened vanilla almond or soy milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Spray them lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Stir together vanilla milk, oil, yogurt and egg in a small bowl. Add it to the dry ingredients and stir just until moist. Gently fold in the apple chunks. Spoon about 2 tablespoons batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until the muffins spring back when touched lightly in the center. Remove the muffins from the pan immediately and place them on a wire rack.
- Combine the glaze ingredients, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon glaze over each muffin. Serve warm.
- *WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER MUFFIN: Freestyle SmartPoints: 6, Points Plus Program: 5, Old Points Program: 4
- Why use cake flour? It produces a lighter, fluffier muffin with a tender crumb. All-purpose flour won’t produce the same results.
- *It’s okay to substitute regular milk for the almond milk.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 0.6mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 0.5mg