Yield: 6 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes + chill time
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Little bites of heaven.
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 graham crackers, finely crushed (1/3 cup)
- Place the butter and cream cheese in a large mixer bowl and beat until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds. Add the sugar, lemon zest, orange zest, lemon juice and vanilla, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat well and scrape down the sides of the bowl. With the mixer on low, add the flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Divide the dough in half, for each piece into a 10-inch log, and then roll in graham cracker crumbs. Cover each log (I wrapped mine gently in plastic wrap) and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- With a sharp or serrated knife, cut the logs into 1/4-inch slices. Place 1-inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets and bake until the bottoms are lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheets for a few minutes then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough on cool cookie sheets.