This salad is full of great flavors!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings (2 1/2 cups per serving)
Keyword chicken apple and smoked gouda salad
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups torn, pre-packaged spinach
- 1 1/2 cups (about 8 ounces) thinly sliced red delicious apple
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 3/4 cup fat-free honey mustard salad dressing
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat your oven’s broiler. Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of the chicken (if the chicken breast is too thick, then cut it in half horizontally). Place the chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is done. Cut the chicken into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Combine the chicken, spinach, apple, bell pepper, celery and onion in a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, and toss well. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds.
Serving: 1serving (2 1/2 cups) | Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 546mg | Potassium: 948mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 6800IU | Vitamin C: 59.5mg | Calcium: 303mg | Iron: 2.5mg