The perfect coffee cake for weekend mornings!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
Servings 10 servings
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 10-inch tube (bundt) pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and 2 cups of sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients alternately to the butter mixture with the sour cream. Mix until the batter is smooth.
- Spoon 1/3 of batter into the prepared pan.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1/3 over the batter in the pan. Layer 1/3 more batter on top of cinnamon mixture. Continue layers, ending with cinnamon mixture on top.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes, or until cake tests done (toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean). Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cool completely.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 674kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 455mg | Potassium: 251mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 56g | Vitamin A: 960IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 2.6mg