All kinds of delicious goodies are in this soup!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Keyword corn, crab, soup
- 16 ounces frozen white corn (don’t thaw), divided
- 1 cup 2% low fat milk
- 8 ounces clam juice
- 4 tablespoons sliced green onions, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cooked crabmeat, flaked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- oyster crackers, for garnish (optional)
- Set 1/4 cup corn aside. In a medium saucepan, bring the rest of the corn and the milk to boil. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 10 minutes. Puree the corn mixture in the blender. Add the clam juice, 3 tablespoons green onions, and 1 teaspoon ginger; puree again until almost smooth. Return puree to saucepan; bring to simmer. Mix in 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add reserved 1/4 cup corn; sauté 1 minute. Add crab, 1 tablespoon green onions, 1 teaspoon ginger, and 3 teaspoons lemon juice; stir just until warm. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the soup among 4 bowls; mound the crab mixture in the center of each bowl.
- *Garnish with oyster crackers (not included in nutritional information)
- *If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use clam juice that is known to be free of gluten.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 527mg | Potassium: 540mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 380IU | Vitamin C: 14.1mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 1.1mg