The best summer grilling recipe!
Prep Time 35 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Course Main Course
Keyword grilled balsamic chicken, grilled peaches
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 to 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts (28 to 32 ounces)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 large ripe peaches (skinned, halved and pitted- see NOTES below)
PREPARE BALSAMIC GLAZE:
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until it is reduced by half, approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in the molasses and black pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
PREPARE CHICKEN RUB:
- In a medium bowl, combine the basil, garlic, and olive oil. Rub the chicken breasts with the basil mixture; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill (spray grill with cooking spray). Place the chicken onto hot grill and brush with balsamic vinegar glaze. Cover the grill with the lid, open any vents, and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers an internal temperature or 165°F. (juices will run clear when cut with the tip of a knife); turning and basting several times. Grill time is totally dependent on how thick your chicken breasts are.
- Just before the chicken is fully cooked, place the peaches on the grill (cut side down). Brush the top side of the peaches with the balsamic glaze. Grill until they are lightly browned, approximately 2 minutes. Turn them over, brush the cut side with the balsamic glaze and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and peaches from the grill, transfer onto a serving platter, and serve immediately.
- *Peaches may be served whole or sliced with the chicken breasts.
- *To peel peaches, cut a small X on the skin, place into boiling water for 1 minute, remove and place in a bowl of ice water. The skins will loosen, allowing you to easily peel the skin off. The peaches must be ripe in order for this to work. Hard peaches won’t yield a loose skin.
- NOTE ABOUT NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: Since there are two things being brushed on- the glaze and the rub- the nutritional info is likely going to be a little bit better than shared here (fewer calories and fat grams!)
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 539kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 1484mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 788IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 3mg