Easy vegetarian option for grilling days! These thick cauliflower steaks are tender on the inside with some crispy bits around the edges. Served with a simple yogurt sauce!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 steaks
- 1 head cauliflower, sliced thickly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon five spice powder (optional)
Sauce and Toppings:
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 large lemon, zest and juice, divided
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Wash cauliflower and use a large knife to slice it into about four large steaks, 3/4-inch to 1 inch thick. If you lose some florets, just toss them on the grill separately!
- Drizzle cauliflower steaks liberally with olive oil. In a small bowl, stir together curry, salt, paprika, and five spice powder. Season steaks with the mix.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Once hot, add the cauliflower steaks and sear for about 5 minutes per side to get nice grill marks and some char. Reduce heat down to low and continue to cook cauliflower until it’s tender in the middle, maybe another 10 minutes, flipping occasionally. Be gentle with the steaks to try to keep them as whole as possible.
- Meanwhile, stir together yogurt, lemon juice, cucumber, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- When the steaks come off the grill, garnish with lemon zest, dried cranberries and fresh cilantro. Serve with yogurt sauce on the side!
- Weight Watchers Points are for 1 steak with toppings and 1/4 cup sauce
Serving: 1slice with toppings + 1/4 cup sauce | Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 643mg | Potassium: 534mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 70.1mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg