Grilled Swordfish topped with mango salsa and served with grilled pineapple.
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Course Main Course
Keyword Fish, grilling, Swordfish
- 1 whole mango peeled, pitted & diced
- 1 small red onion, peeled & diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- diced jalapenos, optional
- 8 ounces wild rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled & diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 medium shallot, peeled & diced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1½ pounds swordfish, cut into 4 steaks
- 1/2 whole pineapple, cored & sliced
- Mix all salsa ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add jalapeños for heat, if desired. Chill until ready to serve.
PREPARE MAIN DISH:
- Cook the wild rice according to package directions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté the carrots, celery and shallots in the olive oil. When the vegetables are translucent, add the wild rice and salt and pepper to taste, and cook until rice is warm.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Grill the swordfish and pineapple on the hot grill 5 to 8 minutes (flipping halfway through). When done, swordfish flakes easily with a fork. Grill the pineapple just until you get some good grill marks on each side.
- Scoop rice onto four plates, top with grilled swordfish and a dollop of mango salsa. Garnish with grilled pineapple.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 52mg | Potassium: 627mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 6525IU | Vitamin C: 31.6mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1.7mg