Yield: 10 big bars or 20 little ones
Prep Time: 30 minutes + cooling time
Cook Time: 10 minutes
They seriously taste like the Butterfingers that you buy in the store!
- 16 ounces (about) peanut butter
- 16 ounces (about) candy corn
- dipping chocolate (like Candy Quik)
- Spray a pan lightly with nonstick spray. Use 9×13-inch for thinner bars, and 7×11-inch if you want thicker bars like mine.
- Melt the peanut butter and the candy corn in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly and smashing the candy corn as it heats up and begins to soften, until all of the candy corn are melted and the mixture is smooth (5 to 8 minutes). Turn the heat down if it seems to be too hot.
- Scrape the mixture into your prepared pan and smooth out the top. Let it sit until it cools off and begins to firm-up. Once it starts to get firm, use a sharp knife to cut it into bars. Let it sit in the pan until it is completely cooled off and really firm. Then cut through again and remove the bars from the pan.
- Dip the bars in dipping chocolate, and then let them set on waxed paper or a rack to dry. Add sprinkles if you’d like!