This is a super simple recipe for making Marinated Chickpeas. You can add them to salads or pita bread, or you can eat them by the spoonful.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Keyword marinated chickpeas
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (use reduced-fat feta for WW points)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, red peppers and feta.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, basil, honey, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Pour over the chickpeas and stir. Cover the bowl in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 448mg | Potassium: 17mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1mg