This recipe is a big-time family favorite to make for dinner!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Course Main Course
Keyword chicken and vegetable pasta, one pot pasta
- 16 ounces chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2½ cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a 12-inch pan or skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and stir until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until brown on both sides. Stir in the garlic and cook one additional minute. Add the uncooked pasta, chicken broth, water, broccoli, red bell pepper, carrots and peas. Stir, then bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 22 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until almost all of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 additional minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Divide the pasta and vegetables between four bowls, and garnish with parsley (if using). Serve immediately.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 672kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 863mg | Potassium: 976mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4390IU | Vitamin C: 75.8mg | Calcium: 224mg | Iron: 2.4mg