Yield: 32 small brownies
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Love the minty surprise inside these brownies!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 (1 1/2-inch) York Peppermint Patties, unwrapped
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle position, and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, making sure the foil comes over the sides. Spray the foil with nonstick spray.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter and chocolate until melted (1 to 2 minutes); let cool slightly. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, eggs and vanilla together. Whisk the chocolate mixture into the sugar mixture until combined. Use a rubber spatula to stir in the dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Spread all but 1 cup of batter in an even layer in the prepared pan. Place the mints 1/2-inch apart on top of the batter. Gently spread the remaining batter over the mints and smooth the top. Bake just until set in the center- 25 to 30 minutes. Let the brownies cool in the pan on a wire rack for 2 hours. Use the foil to help remove the brownies from the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut and serve, or store in a covered container.