This is a really delicious cornbread recipe that is perfect for dunking in chili.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 8 servings
Keyword cornbread, pumpkin
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 10-inch glass pie pan or 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Sift the flours, baking powder, salt and spices into a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the cornmeal.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs lightly. Whisk in the pumpkin, brown sugar, oil and molasses.
- Make a well in the dry mixture. Add the pumpkin mixture and blend the batter with a few quick strokes (just until blended- don’t over-mix).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cornbread is browned and the surface has a slightly springy feel.
- *We like to use Bob’s Red Mill coarse grain corn meal for an added crunchy texture.
- *Terrific with pumpkin chili!
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 318mg | Potassium: 392mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 4835IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 2.3mg