The perfect, easy fall dessert for entertaining!
Prep Time 40 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Servings 12 servings
Keyword gingerbread trifle, pumpkin gingerbread trifle, pumpkin trifle, trifle
- Trifle Dish
- One 14-ounce package gingerbread mix
- One 3-ounce box instant vanilla pudding mix
- One 15-ounce can sweetened pumpkin pie filling (not the puree)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- One 6-ounce tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup broken gingersnap cookies (for garnish), optional
- Bake the gingerbread according to package directions; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl prepare the pudding according to the package directions. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cinnamon into the pudding.
- Crumble 1/2 of the gingerbread into the bottom of a trifle bowl or another medium-sized glass bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding and whipped topping.
- Sprinkle the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or serve immediately.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 154mg | Potassium: 86mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 2951IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg