Swirls of salted caramel inside the best brownies!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 24 brownies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce (or 1/4 cup caramel + 1 teaspoon fine sea salt mixed in)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13×9-inch pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and melt on high in 30-second bursts until the butter is melted. Stir together until smooth and glossy. Stir in the sugar, followed by the eggs and vanilla, until smooth. Fold in the flour and salt until the flour is just incorporated and no longer visible.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the batter. Use a butter knife to lightly swirl the caramel sauce into the batter. Do not over-stir because you want the caramel to make visible streaks in the brownies.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or just until a cake tester comes out clean and the top is set. Allow the brownies to cool in the pan for at least an hour; they will firm up as they cool. Slice and serve.
Serving: 1brownie | Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 70mg | Potassium: 48mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.7mg