Yield: 16 to 18 appetizers
Prep Time: 20 minutes + freeze time
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Super easy and yummy appetizer with make-ahead tip too!
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed according to package instructions
- One 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (drain out any excess water)
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- salt and pepper
- Lay the puff pastry sheet out on a cutting board or a lightly floured surface. Roll it out to even out the bumps, if needed.
- In a medium bowl, mix spinach, ricotta, cheeses and chili flakes. Spread this mixture on the puff pastry, leaving about 1/2-inch border all the way around. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roll one side of the puff pastry into the center. Then start from the other side and roll that into the center. Wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer until semi-firm (about 30 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. With a very sharp knife, cut about 1/2-inch slices and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through and golden. Serve immediately or at room temperature.