These lettuce wraps are a nice, lighter idea for dinner.
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
Total Time 28 minutes
Servings 12 wraps
Course Main Course
Keyword lettuce wraps, sweet and spicy
- 3 tablespoons unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup finely diced cooked chicken breast
- 12 Bibb or Butter Lettuce leaves
- Place peanuts in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan frequently. Remove pan from heat; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine hoisin, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, oil, pepper and garlic in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, mix 2 Tablespoons peanuts, slaw, water chestnuts, and chicken; add sauce and toss well.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of chicken salad in the center of each lettuce leaf; Sprinkle each lettuce wrap with remaining 1 Tablespoon peanuts. Serve immediately.
- *If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, just make sure you are using brands of hoisin sauce, soy sauce and water chestnuts that are known to be GF.
Serving: 1wrap | Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 145mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1425IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.6mg