A healthier option for dipping!
1 2 1
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Chill Time: 1 hour
Servings 6 servings (1/4 cup per serving)
Keyword onion dip, triple onion dip
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 small sweet onions, minced
- 2 whole green onions (thinly sliced), white and green parts separated
- 1¼ cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the sweet onion and green onion (white part only) and cook, stirring often, until golden brown and soft, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, stir together the onion mixture, yogurt and all remaining ingredients. Chill for 1 hour to let flavors meld (or up to 3 hours). Top with chopped green onions (green parts) just before serving. Serve with vegetables, crackers or potato chips.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use a brand of mayonnaise that is known to be GF.
Serving: 1serving (1/4 cup) | Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 288mg | Potassium: 190mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 1mg | Blue WW Smartpoints: 1 | Green WW Smartpoints: 2 | Purple WW Smartpoints: 1